If you find yourself covering your mouth when you smile or smiling cautiously because of misaligned teeth, you might be searching for a solution. If conventional braces do not appeal to you, we have just the solution: invisible braces (Invisalign).
Straight Teeth Promote a Healthy Smile
Crooked teeth affect more than self-confidence.
Overcrowded, overlapping teeth are difficult to clean and may not come together correctly.
This can cause jaw problems, sensitive teeth and uneven wear in the long run. In case you needed one more reason to choose orthodontic treatment in our Myaree clinic, properly aligned teeth means improved oral health.
Invisalign – No Braces
Many of our patients prefer to avoid conventional brackets and wire orthodontics. We proudly offer Invisalign clear aligners as an alternative for a more discreet approach to orthodontic treatment.
We begin with a comprehensive evaluation of your teeth and periodontal health. Digital X-rays and dental impressions of your teeth will be taken to provide valuable information to design a treatment plan that best suits your needs. We will then discuss an appropriate timeline and cost of treatment, so you can decide if Invisalign clear braces are right for you.
In some cases, we may apply tiny tooth-coloured buttons, called attachments, to the teeth to assist with movements. These will be removed at the end of your treatment leaving you to enjoy your new smile.
Benefits of Invisalign
Most adults appreciate that orthodontics can be kept discreet to help maintain self-confidence and professional situations. We also offer Invisalign to Teens. For compliant older teens who wish to improve their smiles without braces.
- Removable – You can simply remove the aligners to eat then brush and floss.
- Clear – Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible.
- Smooth – Aligners eliminate the need for conventional brackets that irritate the soft tissue inside the cheeks and lips.
- Versatile – With the exception of complex treatment cases, Invisalign can correct nearly any orthodontic conditions. Crowded and overlapping teeth to gaps between teeth, overbite and underbite, irregular or non-uniform alignment, and best of all, it is more cosmetic.
- Smile Preview – Invisalign affords you the opportunity to see the finished results even before you start treatment.
Invisalign Treatment Guidelines
If you should decide to proceed with Invisalign treatment, your compliance plays a vital role in a timely and ideal result. Guidelines vary from patient to patient, but these are general guidelines to expect:
- Wear your aligners at least 22 hours a day.
- Remove them when you drink hot liquids, eat and clean your teeth.
- Wear each set of aligners for approximately two weeks.
- Keep your aligners out of hot vehicles and away from pets.
- If you lose or damage an aligner, contact the clinic immediately.
- After comprehensive treatment, wearing a retainer will keep your teeth from drifting back out of alignment.
Braces are conventional brackets that are bonded to all teeth that need to be straightened in the treatment process. These small brackets are small stainless steel attachments that are designed to be effective and as non-intrusive as possible to provide superior comfort throughout your orthodontic procedure.
You will be advised to attend monthly short orthodontic appointments to ensure that your teeth are progressing as planned and allow us to reinforce proper dental hygiene throughout treatment.
Ready for a straight smile?
Beautiful smiles make memorable first impressions. Do not let crooked teeth hold you back. Dr Koh and Dr Kay are experienced in orthodontics and are perfectionists when it comes to giving our patients the perfect smile they have always wanted.